Arm runtime C libraries
The runtime Arm C library consists of all functions that are defined by the ISO C99 library standard. It allows users to redefine these functions in own application. And it also contains functions that are called implicitly by the Arm Compiler and Arm extensions, that are not defined by the ISO C library standard, but are included in the library.
Arm functional safety C library
This special C library implements a restricted subset of functions specified in the C language standard. The following functions are included:
- Math routines (acos, asin, log, etc.)
- Buffer manipulation routines (memcpy, memset, etc.)
- Character routines (isalnum, isalpha, toascii, etc.)
- Data conversion functions (abs, labs, etc.)
- String routines (strcat, strcpy, etc.)
The library itself comes with usage guidelines and examples on how to work effectively with the reduced set of functions.