PC-lint by Gimpel Software is a powerful static analysis tool that will check your C/C++ source code and find bugs, glitches, inconsistencies, non-portable constructs, redundant code, and much more. It looks across multiple modules, and so, enjoys a perspective your compiler does not have.
Compilers cannot always detect each and every potential problem in your source files. This is where PC-lint comes in:
- Supports K&R C, ANSI C, and ANSI/ISO C++ standards
- Explicit support for MISRA C and MISRA C++ (Motor Industry Software Reliability Association) standards
- Value tracking of auto and static variables detects subtle initialization and value misuse problems
- Inter-function value tracking - powerful inter-statement value tracking crosses function boundaries
- Optional strong type checking (typedef-based) with a rich option set to detect nominal type differences
- User-defined semantic checking for function arguments and return values
Each of the Keil development tools, MDK, C51, C251, and C166, support PC-lint. Configuration files are included in the Keil development tools which enable you to quickly and easily begin using PC-Lint in your application development and testing.
This webinar demonstrates how you can configure and use PC-lint easily in µVision to get better code using MISRA and static code analysis. Real-world demos show the seamless integration of PC-lint for fast turn-around times when inspecting your source code.
Parasoft C/C++test provides a complete quality testing solution which improves software development team productivity and software quality for C and C++ applications.
- Static code analysis and coding policy enforcement
- Automated code review with a graphical interface and progress tracking
- Automated unit and regression testing
- Host and target test execution
- Code coverage analysis with code highlighting
C/C++test uses the high-speed streaming trace capabilities of the ULINKpro adapter to capture performance and code coverage information
which can then be analyzed using the MDK-ARM development kit. C/C++test provides in-built wizards which enable you to quickly begin working with µVision projects.